Thursday, November 08, 2007

Writer's strike back

By Libby

I'm getting more interested in the strike. As I said before, writers are the poor cousins in the trade and they're fighting for something meaningful here that has a wider implication for every working class American. Internet rights are the wave of the future and corporate shouldn't be allowed to cheat anyone out of the potential profits that will only grow as the country becomes more wired.

The last time they did this it lasted something like five months so I hope it doesn't go on that long since it affects not just the writers but all the crews on the programs they write for and nobody can afford to be out of work so long in today's economy but I admire their willingness to make an issue of this. If you want to follow along, here's another interview and what appears to be the major website that's tracking the action.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a joke that circulated the NYC theater district when I was making films many years ago:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Did you hear the one about the dumb ingénue who wanted to break into pictures?

OK, how dumb was she?

She slept with the writer.

5:49:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL. I've heard it before SC but it still makes me laugh.

6:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very kind of you to laugh at old jokes. I gotta dig deeper to get one past you.

9:09:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Not really. Most of the time I've forgotten the punch line even I remember the joke.

9:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home