Friday, November 09, 2007

Winners and Losers

By Libby

The Weblog Awards were announced today . Guess Newshoggers should have politicked more. I think we came in 7th but we couldn't have lost to better blogs than Echnide and Obsidian Wings who came in first and second.

Meanwhile, big congrats to my new colleague at The Reaction, Carl at Simply Left Behind who swept his category and to newly minted Democrat John Cole and his fine team at Balloon Juice who trounced the competion in their slot.

I thought it was interesting to see how many liberal blogs won in their categories this time around. I remember when Wizbang first started this contest. I don't think they even allowed lefties in the first year but opened it up to wider competition in the years after.

It used to be though, that the winger blogs' fans would organize to freep the vote and they would consistently sweep the contest but now, not so much. I think this may validate my theory that their fan base is shrinking and their traffic is at least half driven by lefty blogs who link to them in disbelief.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Carl said...

Why Libby, what a surprise! Thank you!

I'm so excited I nearly hopped a flight to Vegas to pick it up...

5:13:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Carl. Congrats.

5:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home