Wednesday, August 08, 2007

It's Finally Over

Oh happy day. The long national nightmare of Barry Bonds chase for the home run record is over.
No more sorry San Franscisco Giants games on ESPN, no more talk about breaking the record, and even a lessening of the talk about steroids and cheating.

Is he a cheat? Oh hell yeah. If there is something available that makes you play better then most of those guys will take it. Do I care? Not really, I think it would have been better for Barry Bonds to break his leg a couple of weeks ago, but in the general scheme of things, it is a non-issue.

I really haven't watched a whole baseball game on TV since the arrival of cable, but it will be nice to watch SportsCenter without having to look at that immense head of Barry Bonds every single day.

Now bring on football where we know everyone takes steroids.

Jim Martin
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger AmPowerBlog said...

I love baseball. On vacation, my son and I attended both a Washington Nationals and a New York Yankees game. (I hate the Yankees, by the way, as my team is the California Angels!)

As for Bonds, his record is forever tainted by the controversy. For me, I hate his f--k you attitude more than anything. Somebody was going to breat the record sooner or later, and Bonds' record will again be broken. Every day is home run derby day in MLB.

I'll check out that Pissy award - thanks for the consideration, and say hello to Libby for me!

Burkean Relfections

12:24:00 PM  
Blogger Jim Martin said...

Welcome back from vacation. I just want you to know that you were the eleventh recipient. Somewhere down the road that will mean absolutely nothing.
Libby didn't exactly agree with my choice, but you'll probably be hearing from her about that.

12:59:00 PM  
Blogger AmPowerBlog said...

Well, I'm sure Libby's not going to agree with anything regarding me!

She pithy, but quits the scene smack dab in the middle of a good pissant debate!

Thanks for stopping by today for a comment, in any case.

Looks like I gave her and old Fogg some scraps to quibble with in my last link above. It should be:

Burkean Reflections

7:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home