Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Oh Obama

It appears I'm not the only one who is a bit bemused by the Obama fever that been's sweeping the media. Frankly, I haven't paid attention to all the hoopla. I think it's a really bad sign for him. It's all too much, too soon. The one thing I've learned in decades of poliwatching is you gotta get the Big Mo' to win the race, but the trick is not to build it too soon or it burns itself out before you get to the finish line. When all the attention is focused on you, something bad is bound to happen to screw it up.

Think of what happened to Dean. I predicted early on he wouldn't make it for the same reason and sure enough, he was toppled by the stupid scream meme. Yes, I know that was an invented controversy but it matters little whether it's real or invented. It hit at just the wrong time, or the right time depending on your outlook, and knocked him out of contention.

If I was Obama, I'd be laying low for a while.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think you're being short-sighted here, Libby. First of all, Obama is a child of Chicago politics, something with which I'm slightly familiar. It should not surpise that other children of Chicago politics are enjoying success recently - see Rahm, even Hillary.

Furthermore, those of us watching more closely take a look and see a highly qualified candidate.

Did you know that Obama has served in elected office longer than Hillary Clinton?

Sure, it was the IL Senate. But, hey, he was elected in Chicago.

Keep an eye out - Obama has
staying power, I assure you.

We've done national-GOP-style politics for generations here in Chicago. If any Democrat can stand up to the GOP spin machine, it might be someone from the Windy City.

10:06:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'm not making any judgements about his creds MW, just a prediction. I think he's qualified, I just think he's going to burn up in the glare of the media. I've seen it happen more than once.

10:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home