Monday, January 29, 2007

Google breaks the link

I hadn't thought about it for a long time although I helped make it happen, but I'm a little sad to see Google allegedly tweaked their algorithm and the words "miserable failure" no longer return Bush's home page as the number one result. It's not that I care about the old joke. It's outlived its humor value, but as Noam Cohen points out in this op-ed, some google bombs like "French Military Victories" are still working so it suggests some specifically targeted human intervention in the process.

Considering Google caved on China's censorship program, I think this might be a matter of concern to all who value the internet's neutrality. I would hate to think Google is suseptible to government interference here.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home