Sunday, January 14, 2007

Is global warming skepticism melting in the White House? (Part II)

Hot on the heels of the administration's new found concern for polar bears, the UK Guardian is reporting global warming will be a keynote feature of Bush's upcoming State of the Union speech. Oh joy.

I'd be a little more enthusiatic if I thought this signaled any real action on the issue. Considering how much Bush has done to break our oil addiction since announcing his grave concern over that, I'm not going to be holding my breath waiting for him to sign any accords or do anything concrete like requiring energy conservation or pollution curbs.

But it will make a delightful sound bite and no doubt knock the relentlessly dismal news in Iraq out of the news cycle for a day or two.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I nearly wet my pants when I heard that by providing funding for coal research, he will drive the addiction away from FOSSIL fuels.

4:04:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

ROFLMAO Romunov. I hadn't heard that one. The sad part is I bet he doesn't see the irony.

4:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home