Friday, January 12, 2007

I want Peggy's job

In her column The Two Vacuums - Peggy Noonan is ostensibly talking about politics but she might as well be talking about housework for all that she addressed her premise that "Neither Iraqis nor Democrats seem ready to do what's required of them." I would quote her, but she didn't tell us what that was. In fact she didn't tell us anything except that Pelosi wore an ugly outfit and that the majority of the world is "unserious" for wanting an exit strategy out of Iraq.

Glenn Greenwald has already dissected the piece with his usual surgical precision so I'm simply going to add that I've come to the realization that I'm on the wrong side of the fence. I want to give up thinking and become a wingnut pundit.

I'm sick of reading the news for four or five or six hours a day and spending all my time coming up with thoughtful, sensible analysis. I want to work from the right wing template. These guys have it so easy. Just string together a bunch of high sounding phrases that say nothing of substance and throw in a gratutious smear or two against the fools that spend all their time trying to come up with real solutions to the nation's problems. Be sure to include "unserious" at least once to describe anyone who disagreed with you and has been consistently proven correct, and you're done for the day.

So what do say WSJ? How about giving me Peggy's job? I could do it my sleep.... On second thought, forget it. The trouble with that plan is if I operated like that, I wouldn't be able to sleep. Intellectual dishonesty and moral barrenness would not allow me to rest easy. Darn that conscience of mine.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger nolocontendere said...

Good analysis of how they do their work, but it may be easier still - just go to Malkin, Powertool or little green foot fungus and echo what they say. That way ANY heavy lifting can be avoided! Isn't that how they usually do it anyway in their righteous big bad bubble?

3:20:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOl Nolo. Life in so easy in the echo chamber.

10:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home