Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Condi caught by Webb

Forget Obama. I'm telling you, Jim Webb is the one to watch for 08 and I'm not even sure I like him. To tell you the truth he so confrontational he makes me a little nervous. It implies an inherent strictness that I'm entirely comfortable with but you have to love that he's following through with this line of inquiry.

He asked Condi Rice at a recent hearing if she thought President Bush had the power to take military action against Iran without permission from Congress. Condi demurred at the time suggesting she issue a written answer. Webb sent her letter asking for the answer.
This is, basically, a “yes” or “no” question regarding an urgent matter affecting our nation’s foreign policy. Remarks made by members of this administration strongly suggest that the administration wrongly believes that the 2002 joint resolution authorizing use of force in Iraq can be applied in other instances, such as in the case of Iran. I, as well as the American people, would benefit by fully understanding the administration’s unequivocal response.
That's the kind of talk the people voted for in the midterms. Mark my words, Webb is a potential contender as a late entry into the nomination race.
Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Blogger nolocontendere said...

I agree with you about Webb. The democrats as a whole are spineless, self serving wimps. We must have courage to face up to what the fascists have done and Webb seems to embody that energy and courage. He better stay out of small planes.

3:10:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Ouch Nolo. But point well taken.

9:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the democrats realize he has something they generally don't so they are going to put him out there as much as they can.

alot of people in the democratic party are just career politicians who didn't count on this kind of thing happeneing in our country and don't really have the life experiance to know what to do.

6:04:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I think the machine Dems would love to hold him back myself but he's stepping forward. Of course they did let him make the rebuttal to Bush the other day so maybe they are grooming him for something down the line. I've certainly been telling them to since the day he was elected.

8:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure rahm emmanuel can not comprehend webb's popularity. the beltway is so over. I mean look at that jim tester guy. he's got a fucking flat top. that's america saying fuck you to the beltway.

8:38:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Rahm is so out of touch. He's a machine guy all the way.

6:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home