Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Is Krauthammer the latest victim of BDS?

Why does anyone still listen to Charles Krauthammer?
We should nonetheless make a last effort to change the composition of the government and assemble a new one composed of those — Kurds, moderate Sunnis, secular Shiites, and some of the religious Shiites — who might be capable of reaching a grand political settlement.
Excuse me but didn't we turn over sovereignty to them a long time ago? Aren't we supporting democracy there? Does the democratic process require an intervention by a foreign occupying country to "change the composition of the government?"

But let's not be too hasty. He does clarify his position here.
The U.S. should be giving Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki a clear ultimatum: If he does not come up with a political solution in two months or cede power to a new coalition that will, the U.S. will abandon the Green Zone, retire to its bases, move much of its personnel to Kurdistan where we are welcome and safe, and let the civil war take its course.
Hmmm. That's odd. I could have sworn I saw the Democrats propose just that many times, to the great derision of Mr. K and his ilk. I guess when he says it, it's a good strategy but when a Democrat says it, it's a sign of Bush Derangement Syndrome. Do you think BDS is contagious?
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hilarious! CK's latest offering is one lie atop another.

On rare instances, I find myself agreeing with him. At times like those, I feel like I need a long shower.

4:49:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL MW. I have found myself in the same situation a couple of times and had the same reaction.

5:23:00 PM  
Blogger Agi said...

BDS is spreading like a bad case of gonorrhea. When Malkin starts speaking like this we'll know the rapture is upon us.

11:59:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Oh goody Commandante. Something to look forward to. I've always wanted to be raptured -- or was that ravaged? I always get them mixed up....

2:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home