Monday, October 02, 2006

We're all enemy combatants on this bus...

Must read of the day is Elliot D. Cohen's op-ed at BuzzFlash. Put together the broad definition of enemy combatant with the suspension of habeus corpus and judicial review. Add in the allowance of secret evidence and consider the contract recently awarded for the building of detention camps in "case of an illegal immigrant crisis" and I'd say these are dark days for activists.

Read Cohen's piece or at least read the key quote at my post at the Detroit News.
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Cohen's essay is indeed chilling. I wrote myself on this topic today. Here's how I put it...

10:28:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Great post Kvatch.

10:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeuWnJamiUc&eurl=

MAKE MINE FREEDOM

4:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home