Thursday, September 28, 2006

Blog rolling...

Say hello to The Windy Pundit. He blogs politics out of Chicago and he has a really interesting series of posts up right now about his recent jury duty stint.

I'm almost jealous. I always wanted to sit on a jury. Eighteen years in the law firm and I was called to the jury pool only three times. Twice I was dismissed because the trials all settled. But once I made all the into the jury box. I was just sitting there feeling pretty good about it, when the DA walked in. He recognized me and preempted me the first chance he got. Meaning he can reject a juror without having a reason three times in the process and he was cashing in one of those on me.

I guess I could see his point. I was a member of the best defense team in town and the defense lawyer was a friend of the firm, although I didn't know him. But I still think he should have left me on. I had been in the biz for so long at that point that I was completely jaded. I would have been the most impartial juror he ever had.

Anyway Mark gives a detailed account of the proceedings in case you ever wondered what it's like to be seated (loved the way he spelled voir dire) and I'm adding him to the blogroll. Click over and check him out.

[cross posted cause I'm too lazy to link]
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home