Sunday, September 03, 2006

Quick bytes

It being the holiday I thought I'd post some cheerier news that will likely get lost in the transom.

Score one for free speech. A Vermont high school student won the right to wear a tshirt mocking Bush.

In case you missed it, Fox News ratings are way down, while CNN ratings are rising. See for yourself.

A rather good MoDo column, courtesy of the irrepressible Rozius. As he so succinctly sums it up, "MoDo suggests that Bush traveling to New Orleans for a photo-op is like General Sherman dropping by Atlanta to cheer them up."

And it's a two-fer from behind the NYT paywall tonight. Frank Rich posts a stunning column on the White House's current PR campaign - Operation Nazi Analogy Blitzkrieg.
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like msnbc better than CNN personally. I even like fox better than cnn. cnn is like " we're not radical like that alan colmes guy" "come taste the REAL milquetoast"

9:47:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'm no fan of CNN either Lester. I don't watch news on TV as a rule. All hype - no information. Still glad to see Fox going downhill though. I hold them responsible for much of the misinformation that people wrongly believe.

10:28:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Hmmm...Fox News ratings are down and the Detroit News is losing thousands of subscribers a month. I think people are getting tired of unfair and unbalanced news!

Congrats on the new beau!

1:55:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I didn't know the DetNews was doing so badly. Do you think they're losing out to the Free Press?

2:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home