Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I supported a soldier today


Actually, I supported 16 soldiers today. I didn't post this morning because I made these eight cards and wrote a personal note on eight additional generic cards. I would have sent more but that was all I could find in this little town and I looked everywhere.

I spent easily three hours searching for appropriate ready made cards and assembling the materials to make these few. Finding the blank cards was cool but the blue was the wrong shade so I had to cover it. I finally found the confetti tissue paper on the third try. You can't appreciate it in the photo because the teeny embedded stars don't show in the flash.

Anyway, it felt good to walk my talk on supporting the troops. It's not their fault the politicians have screwed this up so badly and I feel terrible about their having to be there. I hope it cheers some grunt up to get a handwritten note from a stranger that says thanks for your service to our country.

It's not too late to send a card or an email yourself.
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Thank you so, so so much!!! They look awesome and I just know they will mean so much to the troops!!!!! Thank you a million times over!!! U ROCK!!!!!!

11:02:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Good job, Libby. Thanks for the link to Kat's address. I'll drop a couple cards in the mail today.

Also, I don't know if you've received the latest e-mail making it's way around, but it asks people to start wearing red on Fridays in support of our troops - and also in support of them being brought home.

8:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kat you're welcome. Thanks for organizing this drive and Kathy I had not heard about wearing red on Fridays. I like the idea but I'm not likely to remember to do it unfortunately. I don't usually keep track of time by days of the week. I count it by days on and days off. But I'll certainly make an effort.

10:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home