Thursday, January 05, 2006

When bloggers lose their edge

I haven't had enough sleep in days. I'm tired and cranky and I'm still in bitch mode over Bloglantis today.

He used to be a daily read but this is why, besides the fact that he's become rather boring now that he mostly links to only PJM bloggers, I've pretty much stopped reading the Instapundit. He posts crap like this.
TOM MAGUIRE: "I don't want the Times deciding, in wartime, just what information I "deserve to have", thank you very much - they are not elected,they are not accountable, and frankly, I do not trust their politics. But rather than abandon my fellow citizens to the mercies or depredations of the Bush Administration, let me offer a constructive suggestion - since we have a representative democracy, complete with institutional checks and balances and two parties, how about if the purveyors of classifed info, when troubled by their consciences, take their troubles to a Congressional oversight committee rather than the NY Times?"
Um, right. That would be the same Congressional oversight committees under the control of corrupt GOP politicians that have sat on their hands with their thumbs up their ass for the last five years?

Glenn is not dumb. He knows damn well the system of checks and balances has broken down. It would seem playing to his paymasters is more important than thoughtful analysis. I remember when he at least went through the motions of trying to be appear nuanced. How sad that he's degenerated into just another in your face partisan hack willing to sell out to the highest bidders.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home