Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Hazy Days of Summer

I feel like I've been out of touch for months but it appears not a whole lot of great import happened without me. You can tell it's a slow news cycle when the top buzz at memeorandum is about a blog spat over the intemperate outing of Publius from ObiWi by wingnut Ed Whalen, whom I'm told is smart enough to know better -- not that you can tell by his writing. For the record, I think what he did was petty and wrong but I think his apology was pretty good considering the company he keeps. Besides Publius accepted it as genuine, so it's probably time for someone to start a new spat to amuse the bored bloggers.

Speaking of spats, I see there was a major tiff within the NRCC between Palin and the Congressional GOPers who didn't want to make Newt unhappy. I missed the whole plagiarism thing but DWT has the links at his post. I don't care enough about what Palin is doing to backtrack myself.

I see we're still fighting for transparency on Bush era torture and it appears we're going to lose in the greater cover-up for the near future. But thanks to online activists at least Graham-Lieberman's attempt to cement the cover-up of the photos was thwarted. So there's that.

And I nothing says serious potential world leader like a pair of bright red 'fuck me' sandals. The reason she's putting them on now is you can't really walk very far in heels that high without spraining an ankle.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Blogger Cosa Nostradamus said...

.
Welcome back!

We docked your pay.

People were milling around here all week, just aimlessly. Caused quite a traffic problem. Gave us time to read bumper stickers, though.
.

2:04:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks Cosa. You're so sweet, well except for the docking of the pay part. I thought for sure my contract called for paid vacation time... :)

Hilarious post on the bumper stickers. Meaning, it's funny because it's true, but it's also scary because it's true.

4:00:00 PM  
Blogger Cosa Nostradamus said...

.
All taken from nature. Sweahtagawd.

Anyway, good to have ya back. Hope the new digs are comfy & convenient. (You can use your sick days to cover the time you missed. But don't let it happen again. Or else...) We'll have to get you an iPhone so you can Tweet us, at least.

OK, everybody, dig deep for the Impolitical iPhone Fund. The new ones just came out. You can see RUSSIA!!!
.

9:20:00 PM  
Blogger JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

Traffic's been down since my "HoT Neocon Lesbian Rule 5" post. You think if I posted a picture of me in the "fuck me slippers" things would pick back up?

9:48:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Aw Cosa. Thanks.


LOL Truth. It couldn't hurt to try.

9:54:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

We all were looking at the leaders of the Nope Gang, it's kinda like It Came From Outer Space, recolored.

11:01:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Ruth, it's just crazy, isn't it?

7:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home