Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our predictable press

I saw the headline on this Politico piece at Memeorandum and my first thought was, "I wonder who wrote this piece of crap -- Ben or Jonathan? It was both and I correctly predicted it was crapola. It's not even worth reading. The only "Big risks for Obama in Blago scandal" is that lazy elite journos like themselves will spend days repeating Republican demands for Obama to do something to make himself look bad for their benefit. I might remind them that the GOPers aren't in charge anymore and maybe they could ignore clearly partisan efforts to make this the "next Whitewater." Yes, now that we have a Democratic administration, we can expect a resurgence of media fixation on the old invented scandals and endless comparisons to Clinton.

Too bad they can't muster up the same level of fascination with the Bush administration's ongoing sabotage of every apparatus of governance. That still barely rates a passing mention.

Meanwhile, Obama is calling for Blagojevich's resignation. That seems to me to be all that should be required of him. It's not really his problem, much as the GOP, and apparently the media, would like it to be.

The question of Fitzgerald's tenure however is legitimately raised in this context but I've thought for some time, long before the indictment, that Obama was planning to keep him on. I didn't see any reason why he wouldn't. Fitz has proven himself to be a good and truly independent prosecutor.

Update: I should have scrolled down further. I see Steve Benen has already beat me to this theme and as usual, says it better. Click over to get his take and links to more media malpractice.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup. Don't see why the O needs to do anything more, unless there's some direct connection.

The GOP plays their usual losing game,and they wonder why they keep losing...argh.

I bookmarked this site some time ago because it seems something Jan would like; and it makes me reconsider my views(grrr!);)

Hope you're doing well there, Libby!

2:23:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Wow Chris. Thanks for stopping by. I'n honored to find out you read me. I read you regularly too, for the same reason. :)

3:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home