Saturday, December 06, 2008

Meet Me in St. Louis

My elderly downstairs neighbor is listening to a teevee show with Christmas music. I rarely hear her but she will, every once in a while, turn up her teevee for a music program. I like that she does that. They're playing really offbeat carols which reminded me that I intend to entertain you with my favorites for the next twenty days. Here's another in my top ten.



This has been a favorite since the first time I saw the movie, which was a very long time ago. Oddly, I'm come over the years to associate the song with the loss of loved ones but yet I find more comfort than sorrow in the memories it evokes.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger rockync said...

I'm sure I've seen Meet Me In St Louis but I do not remember this scene. Guess I need to watch it again, but it looks kind of sad and I've been a little melancholy lately so I'm trying to avoid sad things right now.

9:46:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

It's one of those movies that doesn't play that much. I haven't seen it in so long, I kind of forget the plot and really I don't love the movie, except for this song. As I recall the kid is kind of an irritating brat and the movie is really sad. If it plays on teevee, I'll probably watch it all the same.

9:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home