Sunday, December 07, 2008

Obama on cigs and Camelot

I have to agree with Jane on appointing Caroline Kennedy to fill Hillary's Senate seat and I say that as someone who was enamored of the idea of having her as VP on Obama's ticket. In retrospect I think that would have been a mistake and so would appointing her now. Much as I appreciate her coming forward at the end to support Obama at a critical moment in his campaign, and I do think that helped him, now is not the time to bestow an office based pretty much solely on Caroline's association with her father's "Camelot" administration.

Obama is wise to avoid the discussion and also wisely confesses to having fallen off the non-smoking wagon. Sooner or later he would have been caught sneaking a puff. Better to quench that potential media frenzy before it catches fire.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home