Thursday, March 13, 2008

Winter Soldier Hearings

by expatbrian

I've been a little remiss about posting since I started teaching. It's new to me and I'm spending a great deal of my time organizing lesson plans and learning how to pronounce names! My biggest class has kids from every country in East and Southeast Asia and it's like an international zoo and I'm the zookeeper.

Anyway, just got this in the mail from Veterans for Common Sense. It's a mirror event of one held during the bad war 37 years ago and it sounds like something to keep our eyes on.

Get ready for the horrible, honest reality of the American occupations of
Iraq and Afghanistan like you haven’t heard it before. For four days, from
March 13 through March 16, hundreds of U.S. veterans of the two wars will
descend on Washington and testify in the “Winter Soldier” hearings about
what they really did while they were serving their country in Iraq. And
their experiences aren’t pretty.

Details of the event are here. I get daily emails from VCS and will update as this unfolds.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'm so glad you're covering this Brian. I think it's going to be a great event that won't get enough media.

6:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:12:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Sorry, you don't get free speech in someone's blog - see if your local paper will print your tripe.

In fact much knowledge of al Qaeda did disappear or was ignored by Bush. There's been much written about it, but the simple minded, the self deluding Republicans (yes, I know that's a tautology) managed to dismiss it because o "the timing."

Once again you make no rational argument; no argument backed by verifiable facts. It's only your snide, sneering, contemptuous and condescending opinions and none more ridiculous than that MSNBC is on "the far left."

So whose fault is this war if not Bush's? Ok, so I'm an old Jew who doesn't always write at your Jr High School lever - so what? What other gems of reason have you to offer, Mr. educated Lawyer man?

8:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I was trying to figure out again how to delete the anon comment, Fogg jumps in and steals my thunder. He may be an old Jew but he's still pretty quick of wit and glib of tongue. Thanks, Cap'n.

8:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:49:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

One learns to deal with bigots after 63 years in America. The guy has no interest in anything other than snickering.

I almost wish an intelligent troll would show up instead of Republicans, but then intelligent people don't do this sort of thing.

9:43:00 AM  
Blogger QueersOnTheRise said...

Fogg - thank-you SO much for telling ANON off, and Brian, for deleting his crap. I've been told that the "Barack the Magic Negro" stuff is from a Rush Limbaugh parody. If Imus got fired (although now admittedly rehired) for his stuff, how the hell does Rush get away with THIS stuff??!! I NEVER listen to him, despite some fellow progressive friends who tell me I should just so I know what the enemy is saying. The most I can tolerate is once per week of O'Reilly, and then after 15 minutes, I have to change the channel, or just shut the damn TV off. C-Span is about all I can really tolerate, and then I still have to listen to the people calling in on the damn Republican line.

9:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home