Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The problem with the Constitution

By Libby

I'm working and the time change has me all foggy, so my posting is light this week but via Atrios, Tom Tomorrow has a great post which provides us with the quote of the day from Kurt Vonnegut.
There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don’t know what can be done … This is it: Only nut cases want to be president.
I don't know if that's always been true, but it surely seems to the only conventional wisdom that has held up over the last 35 years or so.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol Gee said...

Libby, it is also a problem with the political parties. Maybe we need to go back to the "smoke-filled room" decisions made back in my day. The Super Delegates may have their chance at it this year. Surely there can be no worse outcome that the previous 8 years of madness.
Hope you are adjusting. The EARLY time change "throws me," too.

7:38:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I don't know Carol. If we had smoke filled rooms deciding, Hillary would have been anointed long ago. I think it's healthy for the people to participate. I think the system just needs to be revamped to accomodate citizen participation.

As far as the cursed time change, I'll be mess for a few more days. My strategy this year is to sleep through it. I've been averaging nine hours a night and I'm still foggy.

6:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home