Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Creature Feature

Truthfully, I had no idea who Ray Harryhausen was until he died this week, but I've enjoyed his work my whole life. I've watched every one of these movies more than once. When I was kid this kind of special effect was scary as hell. In many ways I still like this obviously fake, hand done stop action much better than today's computer generated realism.

RIP Mr. Harryhausen. You may have lived in relative obscurity but your creatures will live forever on the screen.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved Harryhausen's work! "Mighty Joe Young" was the first movie I ever saw in a theater and I loved that it had a happy ending but the Children of the Teeth of the Hydra, from "Jason and the Argonauts", scared the heck out of me when I was a child.

Of all the movies Mr Harryhausen ever made, "Clash of the Titans" is definitely my all-time favorite. That Medusa was awesome to the max!!

1:34:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I loved Mighty Joe Young the best too.

6:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home