Sunday, December 04, 2011

Why I'm sticking with my conspiracy theory - Updated

Don't want to belabor the point forever but, Booman riffs off George Will's lament on the GOP field, (no, I didn't waste my beautiful mind reading Will's dreck). Booman makes the seminal point:
None of these candidates can unite the Republican Party. In fact, all of them will divide it in more or less devastating ways. Just imagine how two different communities would react to potential nominees.
As I said earlier, I could, and want to be, wrong. However, it's useful to remember that the GOP power brokers are masters of the last minute fakeout. Crowning Christie at the eleventh hour would be the perfect punk. Who better to unite the base without alienating the vaguely more reality-based GOPers?

Update: And here's Christie again, working to keep Romney in the game. Just sayin'...

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home