Monday, December 05, 2011

American Lyin' - Updated

I'm pretty sure Random House won't be publishing Mr. Pierce's books any time too soon. Not after my guy Charles incinerated Jon Meacham with a scorching critique of the perennial pundit's Gingrich fluffery. My favorite line of this magnificent rant:
Meacham's work here is what Walter Lippmann would've produced if he'd worked for Tiger Beat.
This in reference to Meacham's piece lovingly entitled, "The Myth of the Stature Gap: Could Newt Be the Next FDR?"

Atrios has the ultimate shorter commentary already. So, if you like this insider stuff, just read the links. I have nothing to add.

Update: This is still getting traction today. John Cole has a great tribute to its brilliance. I would have written something like that but I was afraid Charles would think I'd turned into a deranged stalker.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve M. said...

The amusing thing is that a couple of divisions of Random House actually published Charlie Pierce's last book in hardcover and paperback.

3:30:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Did they? That is hilarious. You gotta love that about Charles. He doesn't care who he offends, he just tells it straight up every time.

6:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home