Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Dead bird dropping

The experts are saying it's nothing to be alarmed about because it's happened several times in the last 30 years, but today in Louisiana some 500 birds fell out of the sky. And they didn't fly down. They were D.O.A.

Yesterday, thousands of dead drum fish blanketed an Arkansas River. That was preceded by thousands of dead blackbirds that dropped out of the sky in Arkansas on New Year's Eve. Last count I saw was estimated at 5,000 and nobody knows why they died. Which is also what they said about the massive fish kill on the Jersey shore last summer.

Around the same time, it snowed in Las Vegas for quite a while. I'm told it didn't amount to much, but still -- Las Vegas is a desert.

Climate disruption? Effects of GM crops? Signs of Armageddon? Who knows? But speaking of the Jersey Shore, I'm also the disgraceful, tacky loudmouth of the horrible reality show, Snooki, got a book deal. That alone feels like the end times of civil society to me.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since Snooki got a book deal, how do you feel about Kathy Griffin targeting Willow Palin? A 50 year old liberal comedian attacking the 16 year old daughter of someone she disagrees with politically. At the same time she is an anti-bullying advocate.

5:50:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Congratulations, that's the most hyperbolic non sequitur I've seen -- ever.

Speaking about the weather, have you Heard how Gingrich cheated on his wife? Nah, I'm not as good as you are.

So OK, how do get from Kathy Griffin to a criticism of liberals without personal embarrassment? You don't. You get classified as someone who won't change his mind and won't change the subject and now it's your turn to tell me why I shouldn't condemn the entire Republican party and most Libertarians because Rush Limbaugh called 13 year old Chelsea Clinton the White house dog.

9:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Ruth said...

And did you notice that John Edwards' late ex-wife that he cheated on and showed what happens when Dems cheat too, left him out of her will!!!?!!!

Spot on, Capt.

11:10:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Thanks, but what do I know - I spend all my time with guns dreaming about mayhem you know - or at least they tell me I do. Typical Democrat, I guess. They're all about waving guns around, aren't they?

2:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home