Friday, December 31, 2010

Still Missing Jon Swift

Seems hard to believe the blogger known as Jon Swift has been gone for less than a year. There's been so many times in the intervening months that I thought, "Jon would have skewered these idiots so perfectly had he still been with us," that it felt longer.

The gaping hole he left in Blogtopia(y!sctp!) will never be filled but big thanks to Batocchio at Vagabond Scholar for continuing Jon's tradition of linking to lesser known blogs. In memory of our lost compatriot, the "Jon Swift Memorial Roundup 2010" keeps Jon's spirit and generosity alive.

I was supposed to send in an entry, but time got away from me, so I left it in the comments and repost it here. The idea is for each blogger to pick the post they thought was their best of the year. Seemed appropriate to me to repost my eulogy, Blogging and Crying: RIP Jon Swift.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Batocchio said...

That's a fine piece, Libby, thanks. I hope you have a good 2011.

2:22:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Same to you Batocchio and thanks again for keeping Jon's tradition going.

11:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home