Sunday, March 07, 2010

Oscar Night

I don't really care who wins the awards. I don't get to enough movies anymore to even have an opinion on whether they should, but I usually watch for a while to get a look at the dresses. I have an odd interest in fashion trends even though I'm not at all fashion forward myself.

Meanwhile I'm hearing that in NYC there's some kind of dispute between ABC and Comcast and ABC went black last night. If you're in NYC or if like me you don't have cable but like to see the red carpet stuff that doesn't air on the networks, I'm told AP will livestream starting at 3pm PST. I guess that's 6pm here in the East.

Also while you're waiting, you might want to take a look at this gorgeous gallery of rare Oscar photos from the 1950s.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mad Kane said...

I live in New York and will be watching the Oscars at home on TV. How? Here's my irony-packed explanation ... and a limerick, of course.

3:00:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

That's hilarious Mad. It so happens that I gave up cable and started using rabbit ears here in my little city. I didn't even know you could still use rabbit ears until my Dad told me. Love the limerick.

6:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home