Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Indiana town dumps insurer over racist email

I'm loving Alan Colmes this week. Not only did retweet me, he later posted another link to this little blog, thanking me for this post. Today he passes on this story about a town that dumped their insurance company. The best part, in one of those delightful moments of internet synchronicity, he gives a shout out to one of our favorite bloggers, whom I've much neglected lately.
Bloomington Indiana is cutting ties with the Hylant Group after one of its executives sent out insensitive and racially charged email on his company account. The executve, Denny Flahualt, has resigned.

Blogger Hart Williams broke the story earlier in September, reprinting the email and its troubling images: images of Obama as Hitler (isn’t that getting old), comparing Obama to the USSR, referring to Obama and Biden as “Dumb and Dumber”, Obama as Jesus, and a likeness of Obama urinating on a map of the United States.
He's really good about boosting us smaller bloggers. I like that.

I've also listened to Colmes radio show for two nights running now. A first for me. I normally hate talk radio, but I've been enjoying hearing him squash the wingnuts in his rapidfire manner. The downside is the show is on really late, from 10pm - 1am ET, so it makes it hard to get on a good sleep schedule. Unclear whether I'll be able to make it a regular listen, but if you're a nightowl, give him a try. I predict you'll be pleasantly surprised.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe "Truth 101" Kelly said...

You're fortunate to get progressive talk radio where you live Libby. I get zero. We do get a FOX on cable and Rush, Sean, Bill, Laura, Neil and a few other righties however. No wonder these creeps are against the Fairness Doctrine. So many of the markets are monopolized in their favor.

7:36:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I don't even own a radio Truth. You can listen to it streaming live at the link, if you can stay awake that late.

10:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home