Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm such a dork

I have a lot of tweets but I'm still pretty much a newbie at Twitter and just got my first major retweet yesterday. I was so ridiculously excited to discover this morning that Alan Colmes of Alan Colmes Liberaland, and formerly of Hannity & Colmes, had retweeted me, I almost called my Dad to tell him. Lots of other cool folks retweeted it also, but connecting with the big media is why I've been haunting Twitter in the first place. It was for this tweet:
Dear Wingnuts: No, you can't have our country back. We're still fixing all the stuff you broke. Love, Teh Left
Which was responding to a link Colmes put up to his post on some conservative confab called Take Back America. You should click over and look at the list of their breakout sessions. Bigotry on parade.

You know if it was just regular citizens exercising their right to be fringe extremists, it wouldn't bother me so much, but this stuff is being supported by major GOP figures. I've seen a lot of political ugliness in my lifetime, but I don't recall it ever being so fully embraced by a major political party and so glorified by a media that largely refuses to call foul when the rhetoric stinks. Sometimes it scares me.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have every right (er, sorry) to be very proud of that tweet--perfectly stated. It needs to go viral.

9:28:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks anon.

1:58:00 PM  
Blogger Mycos said...

And to think how so many wingnuts believe that the news is overwhelmingly biased toward the left. If they had any conception of all the things they could be - should be! - doing reports on....well....

1:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home