Saturday, September 26, 2009

Come in from the rain

Dark damp morning. Hard to get going but before I get lost on the internets, a few quick links leftover from yesterday.

Never thought I'd be doing this, but I'm linking to the National Journal. This is a good piece. If air travel worked like health care.

If you see an attack ad from the League of American Voters, this is the anit-reform group who is behind it. Not to be confused with the actual non-partisan League of Women Voters which is of course the point of naming their org something so similar.

Kent Conrad can kiss my lily white ass.

And speaking of National Journal, Rich Lowry is still an asshat. Mr Starbursts is okay with his winky girl criticizing a sitting president on foreign soil.

When did Katie Couric get to be such a good journalist. I didn't watch her Beckfest interview but I should have. She was great here, calmly and persistently hounding Beck on defining "white culture."

In just this year, 36 people have been killed in taser attacks by the police. Many more are tasered every single day for simply not immediately and obediently showing deference to abusive cops. Like this semi-paralyzed 81 year old guy. And I read in the NYT today that the police actually used one of those military grade sonic cannons on the G-20 protesters. Can't say I'm liking the the growing militarization of our civilian police any better under Obama than I did under Bush.

Here's some video of the confrontation between the cops and the anarchist kids at G-20. I don't condone the vandalism but jebus, overkill comes to mind with the response.

And to end with something pleasant, a great design blog with lots of cool pictures, via Kevin McKague.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger danps said...

Hi Libby. Katie's always had chops, she just hasn't cared to show it often enough. Remember her dismantling of Quayle back when he was VP?

10:28:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I don't remember that. I was living on the farm. We didn't get much TV reception there and they still don't have cable from what I've heard all these years later.

10:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home