Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Eek! My Neighbors!

Okay, this guy isn't literally a neighbor but he probably lives within 100 miles of me and there's plenty more like him around these parts. This is why I keep a low profile locally.
The N.C. State Board of Certified Public Accountant Examiners has announced that Jerry Blanchard, 49, has had his license permanently revoked because his felony conviction violates state CPA regulations.

Blanchard was charged in August 2008 on two felony counts of “knowingly and willfully … threatening to kill, kidnap, and inflict bodily harm upon U.S. Senator Barack Obama,” then a Democratic candidate for President, according to a federal complaint.
They say it probably wasn't a serious threat to the President's life but even though I'm no fan of incarceration for political speech, when it crosses the line like that, I think it's good he got some jail time. I don't see any other way to stop this insanity.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home