Friday, April 03, 2009

Public confidence

Word has it when Obama had his luncheon with the banksters, he told them, "My administration is the only thing between you and the pitchforks." I don't if he really said it, it's sourced to Politico, but it's true enough.

However, tough talk is cheap, and this isn't going to solve the problem. I think it might fix it in the short term, but it won't eliminate the cause.

I'd like to believe that it's just part of a long term strategy to do what's necessary in increments, as I've seen others suggest, but this via Avedon is what worries me. Follow the money and it makes it more difficult to believe there's any plan for a long term solution, much less accountability.

I'm wondering if either the administration or the banksters understand that nothing short of few indictments is going to restore the public confidence in the system or the government.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home