Friday, April 03, 2009

Harry Reid's club rules

Reid is at it again. Bernie Sanders put a hold on Obama’s nominee to head the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, which should have stopped the nomination process in its tracks. "Sanders says Gensler, who spent 17 years at Goldman Sachs and then joined the Treasury Department under Bill Clinton, played too big a role in deregulating derivatives in the 90s' to be trusted to reregulate the market now."

Of course, Sanders is not a Republican so Reid doesn't feel obligated to honor his hold. Apparently in Harry's guidebook, only GOP holds deserve respect. If he has ever refused to honor one of theirs, I'm not aware of it. American News Project put together an excellent video featuring Chris Hayes, of The Nation:



I'm convinced nothing is going to change inside the Beltway until we get rid of Reid somehow. I keep waiting for him to show up on somebody's list of primary contest targets. I believe his term is up in 2010.

Meanwhile, I got the link from John Cole and I don't know any more about ANP than he does, but I agree they look promising and it's worth keeping an eye on them to see how the site develops.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home