Sunday, March 22, 2009

Obama slaps back Cheney criticism

I wonder how long it will take the usual suspects to start hyperventilating about President Obama's 'disrespect' for the former occupiers of the White House? Pushing back on Cheney's previous bizarre criticisms of his new approach to the fight against terrorism, Obama had this to say among other things.
“How many terrorists have actually been brought to justice under the philosophy that is being promoted by Vice President Cheney?”

Bush administration terrorism policy “hasn’t made us safer,” Mr. Obama said, according to excerpts of the interview released Saturday. “What it has been,” he continued, “is a great advertisement for anti-American sentiment.”
I get encouraged when our president talks like this. It's the kind of change I believe in. Unfortunately, I never stop reading so I find myself wondering if he's really going to walk that talk. Embracing the same tactics to cover up the past administration's criminality won't change anything.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home