Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Still gobsmacked

I'm getting a really slow start today. I stayed up until about 4:00am waiting to see if my red state would indeed turn blue. When I finally woke up at noon, it was still gray and Obama is only leading by about 12,000 votes. It's not that it will make a difference in the outcome but I would really love to see Obama's victory confirmed here, especially since I see outside of Liddy Dole's crushing defeat the voters of NC returned most of the incumbent Republicans to office.

I'm also finding I'm not the drinker I once was. I only had two, not even very stiff, Frangelica on the rocks but I'm paying for it today with a cotton-candy head. Even as you read this I'm drinking gallons of water trying to flush the alcohol from my system. So while I try to gain some equilibrium and put my thoughts on this historic election into some semblence of coherent thought, here's a couple of links to entertain you.

HuffPo has a very nice gallery of photos of Obama from yesterday. Watertiger, as always, also delivers the shots worth a thousand words and my pal the Leader of Vleeptron has a wonderful post-election post written in English for a change. Also, Hecate has some words for the wingnuts that she has been saving up for four years now.

If you like maps and demographics, here's a slide show breaking down what counties voted more Republican than they did in 04 and vice versa and here's a map that breaks down the demo.

And finally, I haven't written about drug policy in way too long, but yesterday was a very good day for policy reform. Congratulations to my comrades in the movement for their hard work that has finally brought some real success towards sane policy.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home