Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Gobsmacked

We have a president we can be proud of again. A president that speaks in complete sentences and articulates a vision for the future. The whole world changed in the last few hours,I think for the better even though the challenges ahead will be great. I've been through every emotion tonight from fear to relief to joy to sobbing gratitude that I feel proud to be an American again.

At this point, I'm just stunned. Our long national nightmare is over. It's really over. I'm almost afraid to believe it really happened. I need to process for a while. I'll have more to say tomorrow.

Good night and happy Election Day my dear friends and readers.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

So Florida went for Obama, but it was close. Florida also passed a badly written constitutional amendment that bans civil unions or any contract between same sex individuals that remotely can be construed to serve that function.

Now, 60 years after the Chinese Exclusion act, Florida finally removed the laws banning property ownership by (Asian) "Aliens."

My county voted heavily Republican. No Democrat got more than 35%. My county which by recent poll opposes growth by a ten to one margin, voted for county commissioners who represent developers - because they are Republican.

So it seems Floridians want their money back and they're willing to vote against a more-of-the-same candidate even if he's black, but let's keep him in Washington - we don't want him moving in next door. Otherwise, rich or poor, we're still crackers, proud of our ignorance and bigotry.

So I'm flying the flag today - just to piss 'em off, and maybe I'll put an Obama button on my
'Uzi Does It" T-shirt, put the Cold Mustang in my pocket and the Beretta in my belt and go looking for trouble, 'cause it ain't over yet, rednecks. . .

9:53:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Fogg. We still have a ways to go before we eliminate the hate and stupid in this country. Be careful out there. They have guns too... :)

11:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home