Thursday, November 06, 2008

Campaign post-mortem

It's hard to believe the campaign from hell is finally over. I don't feel quite recovered yet but I'm slowly wrapping my head around the reality of President-elect Barack Obama. Frankly, I don't have high expectations about his presidency. I'm fully expecting he's going to piss me off with some centrist bullshit sooner than later, but I'm still enormously relieved. I don't know what kind of change he's going really bring inside the Beltway but anything has got to be better than what we suffered through in the last eight years.

Anyway, my sleeping patterns are all screwed between staying up late and the time change so here's a few quick links to items to get us started this afternoon that I don't have much to say about but are certainly worth reading.

Newsweek has two long articles as part of series on the election. The first two, one on Obama and one on McCain take you behind the scenes of their campaigns from the beginning to the end. Interesting read.

Via mikevotes, another video montage of the campaign.

Here's a nice short video of the crowd reaction in Grant Park when the EV count hit the critical number on election night.

The reaction to Michelle Obama's dress was pretty much universally negative. Frankly I thought it was an unattractive frock, but she looked just beautiful in spite of it. I also think it may have looked better in person and just didn't translate well on television. Here's a better shot of it and some information on the designer.

And finally, I'm predicting this story will get bigger in the days to come. Everybody wants to know about the new White House puppy. The Obamas are getting all sorts of unsolicited advice and offers to gift a pup. So far the only thing they're willing to say is that the pup will be a rescue dog, meaning they will adopt one that needs a new home.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger rockync said...

North Carolina is officially a BLUE STATE!

12:34:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Oh yeah. I was just about to do a post on how it was going to take until Dec. 1st to certify the results.

1:20:00 PM  
Blogger rockync said...

I'm glad they are considering a rescue dog, there are so many good dogs in shelters. The Obamas, I think, will restore a sense of "US" instead of Us and Them. I'm looking cautiously forward to the next four years.

10:42:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Me too Rocky. It could turn better than we think.

12:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home