Friday, November 28, 2008

Bush defines his legacy

This is priceless. Bush's sister interviewed him and Laura for "StoryCorps, the national oral history initiative, headed for the archives of the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress." This is how Bush defined his legacy:
"How do you want to be remembered,'' sister Doro asked the president, "and what are you most proud of?

"I would like to be a person remembered as a person who, first and foremost, did not sell his soul in order to accommodate the political process. I came to Washington with a set of values, and I'm leaving with the same set of values. And I darn sure wasn't going to sacrifice those values; that I was a president that had to make tough choices and was willing to make them. I surrounded myself with good people. I carefully considered the advice of smart, capable people and made tough decisions.
Um, to be able to sell his soul, wouldn't he would first have to possess one? But I guess he could legitimately claim to have stayed true to his values. He will leave as he arrived, totally bereft of any empathy for his fellow man or understanding of the human condition. Assuming he doesn't do something that completely ruins us in the next 50 odd days, the truly remarkable aspect of his tenure will be that somehow, we survived it. [h/t independent perspective]

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger (O)CT(O)PUS said...

I came to Washington with a set of values, and I'm leaving with the same set of values.

Of course, the value of the country as a whole, along with the value of our retirement accounts, homes, and other assets flushed down the toilet; but GWB still has his values intact as he dismantles what remains of our environmental laws, not to mention the 4,200 American dead in Iraq, and millions of displaced Iraqis. The man is bereft of all decency and morality. I hope he rots in hell.

Now back to happier thoughts ...

5:44:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Yes, happier thoughts, like: I hope he and Cheney both rot in hell?

6:58:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL. Happy thoughts indeed.

7:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy.

1:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home