Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Who needs health insurance?

Well, if I don't find a job in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to have to drop my health insurance and join the 50 million Americans who live on hope that no horrible medical disaster occurs. But why I should I worry? The GOP tells me everyone has health care. If something goes wrong you can just go to the emergency room.

Gary Farber who is barely surviving in general and hasn't had health insurance in a really long time, took their advice. So how did that work out for him?
I waited, got triaged, sent to Minor Emergency Care, waited a bit, saw a Physician's Assistant for a couple of minutes, got given a prescription for Amoxicillin, and Percocet, for my toothache, and after having to come back because they screwed up giving me the right form for the prescriptions, that was that.

I got the notice of what the charge will be today for those few minutes, plus hours of waiting.

$1,012.00

Payment in full is due within 12 months, or it goes to a collection agency.
There you have it folks. The GOP's health care plan for the little people. What a deal. [via]


[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

If they would die, they had better do it and decrease the surplus population. I think it was Reagan who said that.

This is a Cristian nation, you know, built on Christian principles, like making raped woman bear children and killing Muslims so they will be free and getting things ready for Jesus to kill the Jews.

Jesus operates in War Mode, you see and the Good Samaritan was a bad Republican.

I shouldn't have to explain these things - you Liberals are so dumb.

5:13:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Oh snap Fogg. I keep forgetting how stupid us liberals are for believing in real human values and stuff when we could be eating mooseburgers.

5:26:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Ah, the deemer again -- who's doing the deeming and how can a blog post be spam? Of course it can't and I've deemed you to be the deemer and so you won't mind if I tell you to go deem yourself, will you?

5:42:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Fogg. This guy is hilarious. Anon, if you're an actual person, I'm not taking the post down. Like the Captain says, go deem yerself.

10:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a real person, unfortunately I'm having to clean up a mess created by a company that mass produced an article that links to our site. Could you at least remove the links to our site and you can happily leave the post up? Much appreciated. Trying to keep it PC, but asking for some help.

11:36:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Do I look like I just fell off the turnip truck? You come in as an anon commenter to get me to remove a link to your alleged company. If you're legit why didn't you contact me by email from your company account?

That link in fact was put in by request of the company. So why do I suddenly suspect you're trying to get a competitor's links removed?

Either contact me directly with your info proving you are who you say you are, or stop spamming this post.

8:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home