Saturday, July 05, 2008

Castles in the air

By Libby

I'm posting all my serious stuff at Newhoggers today and keeping the fun stuff for here. Here's another impractical scheme that I love. I'm thrilled to see dirigibles are poised for a comeback.

So if this one panned out, in the future you could take a vacation from your floating city in a flying luxury hotel. No artist's renderings of that, more's the pity, but the photo at the link would give the idea of what the view from your hotel room would be like. Looks like fun to me.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Popular Science type magazines have been telling us that dirigibles are poised for a comeback for at least 40 years, but I'm still waiting.

Modern materials and technology would make them safer, for sure.

I regret having been born too late to travel on one!

9:04:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

You could still get a ride on a blimp. It's almost the same. That's my plan anyway.

11:53:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I'd love it, but it's hardly the same thing as the Hindenburg.

3:07:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

True, but it's the next best thing.

4:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home