Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Glad it's over

By Libby

Well, I no sooner posted an anguished vent at Newshoggers about Hillary's non-concession speech than the news came in. It's over. As I said in comments to the post, I'm sorry she missed her opportunity for a really great moment. Unfortunately even the most brilliant speech in the world won't have the same impact now. It won't be perceived as geniune.

One commenter thinks her career is over. I doubt that but I do think she would have come out much stronger if she had conceded gracefully yesterday. She could have made a speech for the ages that would have been widely quoted in history books. I'm sad she didn't. Her supporters deserved that much. But a month from now, none of this will feel so important and she can still do much good in the Senate

Meanwhile, I'm going to name my unity pony, Hallelujah.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness, you really are serious aren't you? The woman has been told to get out since February, if she stopped to congratulate Obama every time he crowned himself, she would have to have taken a second job. Her supporters wanted her to take it to the convention in Denver, as MEN with far less delegates than she has amassed, have and were hailed as "heroes" "fighters" but no, SHE has to make an immediate, gracious speech to what? redeem herself? A nominee cannot be recognized until the convention, in spite of what you may think - and you can't wait a few days - amazing. Perhaps you should keep your powder dry, you will need the ammunition to hit her with when Obama loses in November, because it will be her fault? right?

7:50:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Come back when you're ready to get a ride on my unity pony expat.

7:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home