Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Fools on the Hill

By Libby

Thanks to all the positive energy you sent my way dear friends and readers, I'm having a remarkably rapid recovery from the surgery and went back to work this afternoon. But I had connectivity issues this morning and the few hours felt long, so to the extent that I've posted, I'm worried about Cheney, what he's up to I mean. Read in full the Froomkin column I linked for a good assortment of actual quotes from McLellan's confessional that got me started on the whole train of thought.

Read Digby's post too about the ongoing denials of complicity among the Beltway elite. Money quote:
Scott McClellan apparently didn't realize that his boss and mentor George W. Bush was a baldfaced liar. He was a naive true believer. The real question is why the Villagers were so taken in by what nearly half the country could see was an anti-intellectual manchild with a mean streak a mile wide? Are they baldfaced liars too or just naive fools like Scott McClellan? They are one or the other --- and either makes them unfit to be political commentators.
I don't suppose I need to point out that the only reason they still have their jobs is because of media consolidation. They are in fact doing exactly the job those six rich guys who own the media tell them to do.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

get well soon libby.

2:58:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks skippy.

9:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home