Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Song and Dance - 1964 Style

expatbrian

Shortly after the Beatles "landed" in the US and started their journey to superstardom, a whole slew of boy groups followed. Some were great and others were crap. Most were somewhere in the middle. In that group, many had just a few hits but some of those are memorable.

This group had 3 or 4 hits and I liked them. What caught my eye with this vid was the dancing of the audience. I think it's either the Jerk or the Watusi or a combo of both. Either way, its almost painful to watch. To think that I looked like that, which I'm sure I did, is almost too much to bear. Enjoy the Beau Brummels.



X posted at World Gone Mad

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger nolocontendere said...

Their "Just A Little" was one of my favorite AM songs at the time.

10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I actually loved that group myself. I had a little crush on the drummer. And the dancing is painful to watch but I'm struck more with how well dressed we were in those days. When's the last time you saw a dance club filled with guys in suits and ties?

12:17:00 PM  
Blogger rockync said...

LOL! Don't feel bad Brian, we all danced the same way back then, so we all looked like that. I'm sure today those moves would have me in traction!

7:19:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Not me. I had a college radio show in 64 - 66 and I played Skip James, Robert Johnson, Mance Lipscomb and the like. I used to get threatening phone calls from people who preferred this dweebish rubbish.

9:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home