Friday, April 18, 2008

Kerfluffle of the day

By Libby

I have a bad feeling that this gesture is going to be parsed to death in the next 24 hours. The wingers and the Clinton bloggers are already on it. To me, trying to be a disinterested observer, it looks like he was reading his notes and absentmindedly scratched his face. I get a little itchy from nerves when I speak in public myself and don't doubt that I may have unconsciously done something similar on those rare occassions.

In any event, people will read into whatever they want to see into it, but I immediately thought of this incident myself when I saw the item. If you're too lazy to scroll, just click on the photo. There's no mistaking the intent of that and if memory serves, our concern troll media didn't find it all that shocking or offensive at the time.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

All I see is the continued Kindergartening of America. We've hacked and yacked every irrelevant word, gesture and nuance to death five times over.

If familiarity breeds contempt, it's bred utter disgust on my part with the public, the media and our entire process of choosing a president. We choose third grade class presidents with greater care and wisdom and I'm at the point where I'm going to cease to care what this unworthy nation puts into office any more.

10:48:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Fogg, I'm pretty well disgusted too.

Al, I'm sorry I had to delete your comment. I like your blog and the post on this but my virus detector flagged you when I clicked into the main pages. I don't want to infect any of my readers.

7:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home