Saturday, February 23, 2008

Excess Hoggage - Dream a Little Dream of Me edition

By Libby

Song in my head. To the extent that I remember my dreams, the ones that linger in memory tend to be recurring ones. I dream about some strange place that I recognize from being there before -- in a earlier dream. I had one of those last night. It's one I like. I'm living in a kind of palace compound. There's a beautiful courtyard paved in white stone with a fountain. If only my waking hours were filled with such pleasantries. Instead, here's what I've been blogging about while stalking through the intertubes.

I have a number of questions about Obama's Secret Service security. I'll be interested in knowing if the same policy holds true for all the candidates.

However, I have no doubts about how Hillary lost her sure bet.

Which rather reinforces my theme that to some extent we need to judge the candidates by the company they keep.

And while I agree this is no way to pick a candidate, it's pretty cheap to rule out losing by trying to change the rules in midstream.

Not that Hillary has been unwilling to take a cheap shot even if she's just as guilty of the alleged breach of conduct.

In other news, the more I think about it, I wonder if Chris Matthews cut a deal with the Clintons to pay penance for his pot shots at Hillary by pulling off this cheap stunt.

No excuse for that. Not that I expect any of our elite 'serious' gasbags to take up Hilzoy's challenge.

Maybe then I could turn to the media to find out which candidate has the best health insurance policy instead of having to ask my readers.

Meanwhile, The White House spins itself silly on FISA.

That would be funny if it wasn't so serious but worse yet, telecom immunity is just the beginning.

Sigh. I wonder if it's too early to go back to bed? Lately, I'm liking my dreams better than the real world.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Carol Gee said...

Libby, "in another life" I facilitate a dream group consisting of some therapists that get together once a month. So glad you are a dreamer!

It doesn't sound like either you or I has to incubate a problem-solving dream to figure out how to vote, huh?
Good post.

6:00:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Oh that's so cool Carol. I used to do a lot of work on cognizant dreaming. I kind of fell out of practice. I'm not as good as dreamer as I once was. I wish a group nearby that would keep engaged in the method.

7:37:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Of course I meant to say I wish I had a group to keep me engaged...

7:37:00 PM  
Blogger Carol Gee said...

Libby, I forgot to tell you that I have a little "creative" website where I have some dream stuff, my poetry, space program stuff and other miscellaneous items that are lighter than my regular blogging. I call it Good Second Mondays"

3:33:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Great blog Carol. Thanks for the pointer. It may inspire me to amp up my own dream work again.

4:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home