Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Excess Bloggage - Long way home edition

By Libby

I can't link to the song in my head because it's a tune written by a local artist that was recorded before CDs were the customary form of self-produced album. Meaning it's on a tape cassette that I can't even play anymore, but I still sing it out loud once in a while, when I'm alone. And it's looking like another long day. I'm lucky to have a quick break right now to pass on some links to what I've been blogging elsewhere.

If you read nothing else, read this. It's the most important piece I posted in the last week. When -- not if -- martial law is declared. I'm telling you, all the pieces are in place. The only question is will they use it and what excuse might they use to trigger it?

On a related note, the latest in domestic surveillance and a sneak preview of the international surveillance society. Soon leaving the country won't help. There will be no where left to hide.

Moving on to the primaries. Radley and I are wondering if Bill Clinton is sabotaging Hillary's campaign, at least subconsciously.

Although that might not matter since America is clearly turning into an Obamanation, a thought I pursued at greater length at The Detroit News.

I'd also note that Democrats should be happy the race is prolonged and so hotly contested. It's a good thing for a number of reasons. The reasoning wasn't mine originally but I thought it was so sensible, I rewrote it for Detroit where the Democratic party honchos are more likely to see it.

And of course, our foreign policy is still a disaster but I found it oddly amusing that bin Laden and Musharraf have the same disapproval ratings as our own Congress and president. I'm sure there's a lesson there somewhere.

Finally, the occupation is still falling apart but I love how our military is always finding some 'terrorist' documents that support the White House agenda. When this happens, I always wonder how it is that these terrorists are smart enough to keep evading capture but so dumb as to leave behind damning documents unfavorable to their cause. Doesn't make any sense. But nothing about Iraq has made sense to me since day one.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger expatbrian said...

The InfraGard story is chilling. It fits right in with the stories about the renovation of various "concentration camp" facilities around the country being set up to house large numbers of citizens who will be taken into custody. I recall a commenter in one of my gun posts saying that ultimately, citizens will use their guns to overthrow their corrupt government. I disagreed. I think citizens will need their guns when the government troops break down their doors. Hey! wait a minute! I'm supposed to be an anti gun guy.

7:11:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I can think of times in history when an armed citizenry might have prevented some horrors that happened, but of course sometimes an armed citizenry causes them.

The rise in authoritarianism really does worry me though.

7:45:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

What really scares me is how methodical they've been about putting the pieces in place. They've slipped them in, virtually unnoticed, a little at a time, relentlessly for the last seven years.

8:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home