Sunday, January 13, 2008

Media Bytes - Hold On Edition

By Libby

Song in my head. Atrios continues his quest to tempt me with contemporary artists. It appears to be working. I liked this one a lot.

But we don't agree on everything. He didn't believe this story, but I don't think it's that far fetched.

Meanwhile, if you were wondering what Megan McArdle looks like, scroll down here to the audience interviews. She doesn't look at all as I imagined.

This guy Paintjam Dan surfaces on the youtubes every once in a while, but I hadn't seen this one my friend Irma just sent me yet and it's worth watching to the end. The guy really is pretty amazing.

And finally, since I'm a little light on media links this week, here's an old toon by one of my favorites, Tex Avery.

They just don't make them like this any more.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you ever see gerald mcboingboing cartoon?

2:40:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

No but I want to already just based on the name.

4:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when he talks he makes a boing sound. they used to show it before movies in I think the 50's

4:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-C0k9mvi_Y

brother gerald

4:36:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks Lester. I'll check out the link a little later. I can't wait.

4:50:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Heh Lester. I just watched the vid. I do remember Gerald now. UPA was an obscure cartoon factory and I don't recall seeing it in the movies so much but I do remember the character and that series.

Thanks for the link.

6:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the commenter at youtube

"vptrickster (2 months ago)


it's very a classic one! "

10:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home