Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Media Bytes - In My Life Edition

By Libby

Song in my head.

Via Avedon, "David from the Art of Mental Warfare teamed up with Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails to present 'Warning.' I also thought it was a powerful video. Can't wait for part two.

She also points us to Bill Moyers show on Kevin Martin's cheap tricks as head of the FCC. Martin apparently thinks the media monopoly isn't big enough yet.

If you're tracking sex scandals, Agitprop is the place to be.

Meanwhile, here's a scandalous look for Condi. It kind of reminds me of her first day on the job.

On a lighter note, this is the funniest bumper sticker I've seen a long time.

And finally, I spent way too long cruising around Flickr looking for a shots of Tulum. I don't think this is my old cabana but it was a lot like this one. And the view was just like this from the front stoop. I realized as I got deeper in the old archives that the reason nobody has shots of the place is because the hurricane way back when probably destroyed all those little cabana places but I think this shot may be old enough to have been of the place I stayed at. The shack on the left would have been where the snorkeling outfit had their business.

I spent almost a month there. No electricity. No phones. The worst communal bathrooms I've ever endured. It was one of the happiest times in my life.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home