Saturday, November 03, 2007

Hoggage and bloggage

By Libby

I haven't done this in a while and I know I have more links in a couple of places but I'm sure this is enough to keep you busy if you haven't been religiously following my blogviating as I wander around through intertubes.

Crack is bad. Crack laws are worse. The drug reform community scored a big win in reducing sentencing guidelines.

I don't really understand the whole social networking thing and I don't have time to figure it out but for those who play, there's more intrigue in the Facebook world.

I almost don't want to post this link because I kind of screwed it up but Cernig's update is important reading to figure out this disturbing development. Musharraf just declared martial law in Pakistan. I'm rethinking my position in the interim. I still think there's a justification for my concern but for a different reason.

Foreign tourism is down significantly in the US. Unsurprising when incoming visitors get treated like terrorists when they arrive.

We have to stop calling it national health care if we want to sell a national health insurance plan to panicked Americans.

And if you're an Apple owner suffering from Leopard blue screen, this is for you.

At the Detroit News, I've been talking about Mukasey and waterboarding. It so ridiculous. It's a yes or no question. I've decided I want every single person who thinks it's no big deal to do a public demonstration of the technique and put it on YouTube.

I actually defend earmarks in the Water Quality bill. If we're going to lard anything, water projects would be where I want to see it go. Maybe you've noticed we seem to running out of the stuff.


And finally your little known fact about well known people for the day. Fred Thompson doesn't own any stocks. Don't you think that's really weird for a Republican? I can't believe you're even allowed to be a GOP politician without an investment portfolio.
Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In response to Pakistani dictator Pervez Musharraf's declaration of martial law and illegal dismissal of a Pakistani Supreme Court Justice, I am encouraging all bloggers out there who want true democratic rule for Pakistan's 165 million people to unite in opposition.

From now on, I am asking bloggers to consistantly refer to Musharraf as "Pakistani dictator Pervez Musharraf" consistantly linking back to a post I made explaining this idea in greater detail.

The post allows threaded comments, so that those opposed to Pakistani dictator Pervez Musharraf can start discussing ways that we can organize and unite in opposition to his dictatorial actions.

My hope is that a consistant message of opposition to martial law and support for democracy in Pakistan can help to influence the media away from legitimizing the Musharraf regime by referring to him as a President. By definition, he cannot be a President if he refuses the right for his government's Supreme Court to decide whether his running for office is legal or not.

Please drop by the post, leave a comment as to what ideas you have on how we can best unite in opposition to martial law, and please do consider using the phrase "Pakistani dictator Pervez Musharraf", linking back to the post.

Thank you,
Mark Kraft

10:13:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I have no problem calling him a dictator, but perhaps we can consider the same title for Commander Guy.

I read your post twice Libby, before realizing you said Stocks and not Socks. Nobody wears socks where I live.

I'm content to be out of the market myself.

11:03:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Mark, I hope this thing in Pakistan resolves without a lot of death. Very scary stuff.

Fogg - LOL. I don't think anyone has to wear socks or own stocks. It's just weird for a Republican to opt out of the investor class thing.

8:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tourism being down is by design. Not to sound cnspiratorial, but the neo cons want the united states to be like israel: isolated, hated, at war with potential allies and living on handouts. in our case from China.

9:58:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'm afraid you're right about that Lester.

11:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home