Thursday, November 15, 2007

Excess Hoggage - Rain on the roof Edition

By Libby

I slacked off yesterday because it was gorgeous and I went outside to play. It's freezing today and the rain just stopped so I'm madly composing but here's the stuff you missed if you don't follow me around the uberbahn.

Thanks to new commenter Andrew at Prospect Park Project for this pointer to Nixon on Health Care. I had forgotten how the roots of our current health insurance morass started in the sludge of the HMO Act. It's a great blog but I wish he would get rid of the audio background.

I'm sure you've heard that it's now treason to mention you didn't vote for Bush. At least when you do it at a Bridge tournament.

Kevin Hayden has just been on fire and I riff off his post with more thoughts on the 60s and the lessons learned -- or not.

Speaking of Kevin, he's hit some hard times and is facing homelessness in December. If you have anything to spare, please hit his tip jar.

JurassicPork had a brilliant post up on Hillary that I used as springboard to bitch out the Dems -- again.

Meanwhile, over in the Motor City, I don't why John LaPlante insists on taking me on with lame ass posts. I think I pretty much skewered him with my response to my post on the Bushenomic crash and raised the ante with Warren Buffet wanting to keep the estate tax, plunging a knife into the heart of one LaPlante's pet hobbyhorses.

I await his countermove, but I don't see that he has any cards left to play. The comment section, except for the usual deadenders, is mostly supporting me on this one.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get the thing about the estate tax, we have a capitalist society and huge inheritences go against that to an extent. But I think it's morbid to tax people for dying. So I guess Warren Buffet is stupid

10:05:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

We're not taxing the dead people Lester, we're taxing the living who receive a windfall. And if Buffet's so stupid, how come he's so rich?

11:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you think mitt romney is a genius? he's worth 500 mil


buffet is a business giant, not a politician or economist. Plus, isn't he giving all his money away anyway?

2:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home