Thursday, October 11, 2007

XS bloggage - Miracles of modern medicine edition

By Libby

Posting has been off because I've been under the weather this week. I've been fighting off a bad case of bronchitis and losing. I finally went to the doctor and he gave me a Zpac. I'm amazed at how antibiotics have changed since the last time I took them. I remember getting a bottle full of pills that I had to take several times a day for a week. This zippy little Zpac is six pills over five days. My kind of regime.

Anyway, I'm getting better but I'm still a little subpar so I've been doing a lot of reading but very little writing. I've got a couple of posts on FISA at Newshoggers. I'm always surprised those don't generate more interest. Maybe it's too abstract an issue.

I've got some new stuff on the wingnut hate mob. I've found my civility again and find I'm left with more pity than anger. My outrage has moved to CNN for their pathetic excuse for news coverage. But really, I'm kind of burned on the whole ugly mess at this point. I just know that I'm glad when I wake in the morning, I'm not them. And that includes the idiots in McConnell's office who thought it was a great idea to spread the lies and half-baked innuendo.

The only thing I liked about the bad news this week, was the new roboinsects that are rumored to be spying on us now. I swear I've seen one of them myself. Meanwhile, I've posted a few things at Detnews but it's mostly rehashing and local issues. But if you feel like checking it out, Monday's posts are probably worth reading.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger 5th Estate said...

O/T... but remember those "insects" you thought were cool?
Click on the TomDispatch link in Instahoglets--totally not cool at at all!

8:32:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks for the pointer 5E. I haven't got back to the blog this evening. I'm sure they're evil but I still think the technology is pretty cool.

8:58:00 PM  
Blogger Swampcracker said...

Libby, not cool at all. To take out a roboinsect, you need a swat team.

11:11:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Jeffrey. The program is evil and the greater plans at the link 5E pointed out are even worse but I think the technology is pretty damn cool.

7:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home